Wednesday 11 November 2009

A stranger in my own land

I posted the other day on my negative feelings about the way things are.

Seriously, I feel absolutely appalled at how the country has changed in the last decade or so, and shocked and guilty that it's really only very recently that I've noticed.

Reading stories like this, this, this, this, this, the Neather stuff (and the subsequent Home Office leak confirming it), the barefaced lies and deceit spewed by most labour politicians, and the general decline in the standard of living and quality of life, while the politicians live the life of Reilly and get away with murder, I just feel like curling up and giving in.

This honestly is not the country I grew up in. And the coming adult generation won't know how things were. They've grown up, been indoctrinated by the government on things like climate change, and most of them can't see what's wrong with all the impostions and intrusions and limitations and control on our lives.

As I see it, there is a limited window of opportunity to restore the balance, to roll back the iniquities and corruption of democracy that labour have wrought, before the sheep overwhelm those that can think and see and fight for what is right. Like it or not, the next government will almost certainly be a Tory one. Regardless of what many bloggers say about the Tories delivering just more of the same, I believe that Cameron has enough of the right instincts to want to do enough of the right things to restore some sanity to our lives. I think we need to support them, but hold them accountable - they can have my vote, but I insist on them making lots of changes - unpicking all the rubbish legislation and giving us our independance and privacy back.

Right now, I feel like an outsider in this country and this society. I hate what has been done to it, and those who did it, with a burning, incandescant rage. I despise Brown, and Blair before him, and all this government for the astronomical deceit and arrogant, self-indulgent underhand planned infiltration and undermining and corruption that they fooled the country with. I earnestly believe they should be charged with treason.

1 comment:

  1. Me, too.

    The first British libertarian blog I came across was DK, a couple of years ago.

    Reading it was kind of a guilty pleasure - I felt angry at the same kind of things, but DK seemed so over the top with the whole 'rage' thing, that I always found it good for a giggle.

    Not any more, though. I find myself growing angrier and angrier at the state of this country, and to me now, the reaction of the 'angrier' bloggers doesn't seem funny any more; it instead seems entirely rational.

    I won't be getting my hopes up about Cameron but I really hope that you're right, and I'm wrong.


    Rob Farrington

    ReplyDelete